Moșna is a locality situated in Sibiu county, with a population of 2375 inhabitants.

Moșna

Moșna, Evangelical fortified church

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46.09196 N, 24.39510 E

The Saxon settlement, certified since 1283, builds in 1480-1486 one of the most beautiful evangelical-Lutheran churches in Transylvania. The size of the church mirrors the well-being of Moșna, which until 1533 was in competition with Medias and Biertan to become a seat of residence, a title obtained by Mediaș.

The current Gothic church built under the guidance of the Siberian stonecutter Andreas Lapicida was erected on the structure of the outer walls of a previous church of the 15th century. It's a three-aisle-lined hall. In 1520 it was built on its fortification, consisting of five towers, walls of 9 meters high, doubled on the southern side and with a guard road. The actual tower of the church houses three bells, the oldest of which dates back to 1515. The gate tower is south-east. On the southern side is the Slany Tower, which was used to store the bacon.

The bell tower was built in the 14th century, its height reached 7 levels and a guard road. To the south, there is another shorter tower, with three levels, which protects the pedestrian entrance. In the north-west and south-west corners were built bastions. On the northern side there is a four-level tower that protects pedestrian traffic. The church has three ships separated by four pairs of columns.

To the north and south are two chapels, which can be reached by spiral staircase turret attached to the church. The original altar made by Vincentius in 1521 is in the church of Cincu.The pulpit is the work stonecutter Andreas.

Open hours:

Monday - Sunday

Contact

Tel.0040-744-624-776

0040-269-862-214

You can speak with us in:

Germain, Romanian

Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Tudor Seulean Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Tudor Seulean
Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Tudor Seulean Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Yasmina Minulescu Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Cătălin Nenciu Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Tudor Seulean Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Tudor Seulean Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Iulius Carebia
Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Iulius Carebia Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Titu Andone Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Cătălin Nenciu Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Cătălin Nenciu
Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Cătălin Nenciu Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Fejes István Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Tudor Seulean Moșna, Evangelical fortified church, Photo: Cătălin Nenciu

Share Evangelical fortified church, Moșna (DN14 Sighișoara-Sibiu)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr