Seleuș is a locality situated in Mureș county, with a population of 1933 inhabitants.

Seleuș

Seleuș, Evangelical fortified church

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46.24566 N, 24.69174 E

The village of Seleus was built in Gothic style in 1476 and was fortified in the 16th century. After several renovations, it reached its present shape in 1820. The altar was built in Baroque style in 1713 and the organ in 1843/44. The fortifications were demolished in the 19th century.

Instead the wall was built 2 m high. In the SE part of the fortress was preserved the bell tower, with a defense corridor and two bells cast in the 15th century.

Contact: 0365-489-687

You can speak with us in:

Germain, Romanian

Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Tudor Seulean
Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Horváth Péter Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Horváth Péter Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Horváth Péter Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Horváth Péter Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini
Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini

Share Evangelical fortified church, Seleuș (DN14 Sighișoara-Sibiu)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr