Dupuș is a locality situated in Sibiu county, with a population of 218 inhabitants.

Dupuș

Dupuș, Evangelical fortified church

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46.15216 N, 24.49596 E

Dupuș Town, one of the oldest in the area, shelters an old church built in the 15th century and fortified in the early 16th century. Then the battle floor was built with firing holes. It is a hall-style church with a bell tower. Inside there is a Baroque organ made in 1731 in the state of operation. The altar made in the 16th century was moved on safety grounds to the church of St. Margaret Medias. Unfortunately, the fortified enclosure was destroyed to obtain building materials for building the school.

To visit the church, look for Ms. Klein in Dupus. He speaks Romanian, German and Saxon.

Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini
Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Tudor Seulean Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Yasmina Minulescu Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Tudor Seulean Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Nagy Anett Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Nagy Anett Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini
Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș , Photo: Hermann Fabini

Share Evangelical fortified church, Dupuș (DN14 Sighișoara-Sibiu)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr